The Maryland Masonic Research Society (MMRS) was founded in 1979 by Elwood E.Cook and others, with the mission and motto of “Masonic Enlightenment through Research”.
MMRS provides resources to its members through access to past and present research of its members, a forum to exchange research ideas, methods, and resources, as well as to provide Lodges and members with educational ideas and topics.
MMRS meets at least four times a year at various locations throughout Maryland to hear and discuss research papers and presentations on Masonic history, philosophy, symbolism, other subjects of interest to our members.
Subjects and papers presented in the last few years included:
- The Lost Word is a Vibration
- From the Tao to the Knights Templar, Masonic Principles Are Everywhere
- A series of short talks on Masonic working tools
- Alchemical and Rosicrucian Principles and Freemasonry
- Freemasonry for the 21 st Century
- “Return of Sacred Architecture: The Golden Ratio” [book in print]
- “Committed to the Flames” [book in print]
- The Qabalah
- Russian Freemasonry and Catherine the Great
- A scientific review and study: Sacred Geometry: Golden Ratio
Our August meeting each year is a Festive Board.
Most of our year’s papers are collected and made available to our Members.
The Maryland Masonic Research Society is not a Lodge, and while it is hoped that all members will pursue the Craft, membership and officership are open to all who have an interest in Freemasonry.
Lodges, libraries, and other organizations may become institutional members.
Dues are $25 per year and first year dues must accompany the application. Dues will be returned if the application is denied.
To become a member, complete and return an application. Instructions are on the form.